SLC Free 2 - 0.68 on Free Air

Hey Team. Just trying to figure out the issue here with my Kit (there is a few).
Two main issues are:

• Lambda always reads about 0.68 even before starting the car
  • Temp spikes to max 820c and holds with the smallest throttle input

Right. so when starting the controller and sensor with the car off (over 24hrs), I can see the temp go from 740 slowly up to 820 and then back down to settle at 780. At the same time I watch the Lambda jump from 1.36 to 0.99 and then jump to 0.68 and stay (this is after 2 min) if I wait another 5 min it will climb back to 0.77 and probably further (still with engine off) but as soon as i start the car the Lambda drops back to 0.68 and stays no matter what.

While driving SOMETIMES the Lambda WILL spike quickly from 0.68 to 0.98ish (feels like a correct reading) and back, like a blip.
The temps move around a lot with driving from 750 to 820, mostly sitting near 820 with any throttle.

I am using the included Bosch sensor that came with the kit (has the 14point7 engraving)
I have confirmed that all my wiring is correct with the chart in the manual.
Car runs a touch rich but not 0.68 rich (still on factory ECU)
Sensor is not 45degrees due to restraints but is above the 90 degree line. It is also in the mid pipe about a meter+ down

Are these big swings in the temps expected?
Any advise would be great :grinning:. Really scratching my head here.

FUN UPDATE:
I had only unplugged and replugged the controller in to have a look at it while making the post. Once I went to drive home during startup I noticed the controller did not run the heater cycle nor did the Lambda move from 1.36.

BUT
5 minutes into a heated drive and suddenly the lambda is moving around the 1.01 to 1.03 mark YET the temp is still at 740 and never moved or heated up.
Since getting home and.turning the car off the sensor is still reading 740 at 1.02 but with the engine off (still not working)
BUT AGAIN
After waiting about 5 minutes with the engine off to type this post I just watched the wideband crawl from 1.02 to 1.36 order the span of about a minute.

I’m so confused. dud controller? or sensor?

Hi,

The sensor you are using, did you purchase it from me?

Can you check over your 6 wire cable, if the sensor is genuine then the cable is probably the most likely issue.

Hey there.

Yeah the sensor was bought from you l. Came with the kit when I bought the SLC Free 2 Controller.
Multimeter shows near perfect continuity across all 6 wires.

Check if the the pins are wired correctly on the 6 wire cable.

Pins are all correct as mentioned in the first post.
Random change in behaviour a couple nights ago also makes me think its not to do with the pin layout

How long have you had the unit and sensor for?

Bought the kit last year. only go round to installing over Christmas. never got it working. had these issues.

Closest I ever got into working was the initial post. but it’s now back to doing nothing as per my first reply to this thread

You can send the unit+cable+sensor back to me to check over. Send me a PM and I will give you instructions to sending it back.