DIY SLC Free 2 - Output is erratic

Hello!

I’ve built a SLC free 2 onto a custom speeduino board I’ve designed to try and convert a F6A kei truck to fuel injection. For some reason the output halfway works, but the majority of the time the output is much lower than it should be. This picture is in free air, but I can verify the maximum output voltage does follow the actual AFR like it should using a propane torch.

I have a few S2OEM boards, didn’t use one due to space constraints in the cheap china ECU enclosure, but all of the LSU 4.9 sensors I have work on S2OEM boards just fine. All purchased from 14.7, laser engraved. The supply voltage, both the 5V and 12V are steady with no spikes or dips. I bought a PSOC miniprog and I’m using PSOC designer 4.3 to program the chips, it seems to work and verifies like it should. I’ve made no changes to the prebuilt hex code.

Does anyone have any recommendations to fix this issue?

Thank you!!

Just to verify, the sensor you are using with SLC Free 2 was purchased from 14point7?

Yes, one that I was using before I switched to the first gen S3ADV I’ve got on my turbo car. It’s laser engraved 14point7 LSU49A1 and the very same sensor still works with the spartan2oem I was using before I switched to the faster canbus S3ADV.

Have you seen the DIY-EFI TinyWB? I’d love if you could make and sell something like that!

can you send me a pm with your order number, or the email you used to make the purchase.

I sent you that email, but I finally figured out what I did. Instead of using 100nf filter cap for the processor I used a 10nf cap, must have been browning out. I guess I accidentally swapped the reset pin cap with the 5V rail. I feel pretty dumb for not finding that sooner…

Thanks for all the work on the SLC free!

I am glad it worked out.

About the DIY-EFI TinyWB, in the spring I am planning to make available the boards inside Spartan 3 Lite v2, it has UART.

1 Like