Spartan2 mostly cycles between rich and lean

I’ve been running this Spartan 2 on one bank of my 302 V8 since 2016. The other bank is an Innovate MTX-L. Last year with no other changes the Spartan started spending most of its time at full rich or full lean.

Green is the target, white is the MTX-L, yellow is the Spartan. Sometimes I will get a reading out of it, but about 4.0 richer than the other bank.

The engine runs great, there’s no way that bank is actually going pig rich or dead lean. I see 13.3 - 16.7 - 19.9 on startup as I should. I haven’t done the free air or lighter tests yet, I should be able to get to those tonight. If the cables will reach, I may swap sensors between banks and see if there could be something going on with that bank or header.

Any other reason you’d expect to see odd behavior like this?

Probably a sensor issue, post your results from swapping the sensor.

Free air test was ok. Did the lighter test and got erratic results. I bought a replacement sensor from you last week so I swapped it on and saw much better results with the lighter test. Unfortunately the 14point7 sensor pigtail was much shorter than the Bosch 17025 I originally bought so I had to stretch some wires to get everything to fit, and I had no choice but to swap banks.

Spartan 2 now AFR, MTX-L is AFR2. Tracking is much much better, the sensor must have just had it after 8 years.

Thank you!