O2 Heater Wiring on the PCM side (resistor?)

I would like to use the OEM bung to remove my OEM sensor and mount my wideband sensor there and then use the 12V PWM signal to talk with the PCM in my 2012 Dodge Challenger (6.4L). I saw on another thread here, that the ground wire shouldn’t need connected, but only the signal wire. However, If I unplug the original O2 sensor I’ll get a heater failure code, so I’d like to know how to avoid that. What is the nominal resistance/capacitance/inductance across the heater circuit in the Spartan sensor? If I simply wire a resistor across the terminals for the heater to my PCM, will it prevent the error codes?
I’ll replace both sides with widebodies, so this question will apply to both units.
Second half of my question: I read on another forum to put the widebands after the cats. I have never heard of that anywhere else and am planning on installing them in the forward locations; what would happen if there were installed in the aft locations?
I’m eventually going to use the CAN signal to talk with an updated OS in the PCM to actually use the wideband data, similar to HellCats, but still need the narrowband to work for now.
Thank you.

Alternatively, could i simply hook up the heater wires to the OEM heater control wires and use that?

Hi,

For Narrowband sensors with heaters, sometimes the ECU detects heater current and raises an error code if heater current is not detected. To fix that you need to install a 10-ohm power resistor rated for 10 watts or higher between the heater -ve and +ve terminal on the factory Narrowband harness.

A resistor like this one, 10 ohm 10 watt 5% Wirewound Resistor.

You just need to replace the narrowband sensor before the catalytic converter with a wideband sensor. The Post cat narrowband is just for emissions control, putting a wideband there would not give you any usable data. Once the exhaust passes through the cat, the AF will be shifted toward stoichiometric.